Another "Zero" Aka Reset for Newbies

Aveeno

Another "Zero" Aka Reset for Newbies

Message par Aveeno »

Hello,

I just recently started playing Lands Eternelles along with some other newbies. However, i do have some experience playing the worse version (The U.S EL). That being said, I realized that the gameplay between the two games is not close at all.

When i started the LE, I realized they were different races, and differences class's. Here, you can be a summoner (necromancie), a mage, fighter etc. Although with each class you would like to be, you need to build your nexus and attributes accordingly.

Even though I have some minor experience, I'm sure as a newbie, it would be very difficult to advance as a necromancie early on doing something such as Anoroc. Therefore I believe it is a good idea to implement another Zero/Reset for Newbies and/or new players.

I thought of a couple ways to implement this idea, whatever the development team see's fit:

1) If your Overall level is below 100 you can get the additional reset from L"esprit

2) 2 months since creating the character, you will be eligible for a reset from L"esprit
(The downside to this, is if someone created a character, played for a bit, then came back years later)

I think by implementing this, it would offer more diversity and experimentation for Newbies, without having to wait for one year to Zero again.

Let me know what you guys all think, thanks for reading :D

Elrrith Nagasdar

Re: Another "Zero" Aka Reset for Newbies

Message par Elrrith Nagasdar »

Good evening Aveeno,

Thank you for your excellent feedback and I'm glad you found your way on LE ! Coming from EL is not a easy task (diff. game in a foreign language) and I am impressed by your results !

I fully agree with you but I have an easier way to reach that purpose.
According to you, would it serve the same goal if every 10 or 20 total level, the character could do a &zero ?
I was thinking of several things:
- Free &zero you can do anytime (1 by char.)
- Free &zero when you reach level 30
- Free &zero when you reach level 80
- Free &zero annually (based on a countdown that already exists)

Basically, it would create only 2 extra &zero at milestone in a character's development.

En français.

Aveeno fait remarquer, à juste titre, que lorsque l'on débute un personnage, on peut être tenté de tenter différent développement AVANT de se rendre compte de la difficulté à les gérer. L'exemple classique est celui du nécromant au niveau 0.
Le nouveau joueur peut alors rapidement utiliser son &zero gratuit et parfois, à mauvais escient. Il propose donc de rajouter des &zero à divers paliers.

Aveeno:
- OU Après 2 mois de jeu, un &zero est offert. (Total: 1 à la création, 1 après 2 mois, 1 après un an)
- OU Tant que le personnage est sous le niveau 100 total, il a un &zero gratuit, utilisable n'importe quand.

Elrrith:
- Rajout de deux paliers qui offrent un &zero, au niveau total 30 et au total 80, qui sont des paliers-clefs dans le développement d'un personnage.
Haut-Elfe armé d'une pioche

[MP de Grhump: (Si, tu m'as berné en beauté !)

Aveeno

Message par Aveeno »

Good Evening Elrrith,

I see no problem with your idea at all. I think the idea is great and would help newbie players a bunch. I appreciate the fast response, and you even logged in game to talk to me about it! Talk about next level, totally off topic, but the community here is above and beyond <3

How would it work, when you reach level 80 overall it automatically resets you, or you have to go to npc? Also, how soon would it take to implement?

Crowley

Message par Crowley »

Hi, unless I'm mistaken the first zero yo have to pay for is, in fact, pretty much free and without loss in xp. If someone can corroborate ?

Sauf erreur de ma part le premier zero payant est en fait quasi gratuit et sans perte d'xp, non ?
N'hésitez pas à m'envoyer un MP si vous avez des projets, des questions ou autre.

vinss

Message par vinss »

The Idea is very good. It is true that thé begining or LE is difficult and newbies don't know how to use their PPS.

Adding two steps where you Can get a free zéro as suggest Elrith would be a good way to help newbies. How many of players started by having a lot of volonté etc etc... Or you put Nexus in some 'jobs' that finally you don't want... Yes you've got nexus and attribut stones but it's very expansive as a beginner.

I would modify a little bit the two steps to 50 and 80 as you already have a first free zéro if you need it at the begining. And yes Aveeno, once you reach the step (50 for instance), you Can go to l'esprit and get the free zéro.

Aveeno

Message par Aveeno »

Hi,

Yes LLaria, you are correct, there is a first zero for free without exp loses. Although if someone went full necro, or full mage at the very start, it's almost impossible to fight creatures and level up a/d. Necro & Mage is very costly at the start too.

If someone used Zero to correct there build at the start, and progressed but want to switch back 2 months later they wouldn't be able to. They would still have to wait 10 more months while playing a playstyle they do not prefer or like since they have had no game knowledge or experience knowing how to use their PPS.

Crowley

Message par Crowley »

There is the free zero once a year and a the first zero (or few firsts I don't remember) are not free but almost, wich leaves you a while to change your mind, no ?
N'hésitez pas à m'envoyer un MP si vous avez des projets, des questions ou autre.

vinss

Message par vinss »

You pay a little and you lose some xp Llaria, it's not free :p

Aveeno

Message par Aveeno »

What Vinns said :P I'm new i thought it was free, i guess not.

You could reset once a year. But as a new player if you made a mistake, and reset, but say also made another mistake, or wanted to switch you have to wait a whole year.

If you were a new player, wanted to play a certain race with a special build, but already used your reset, would you start a new character and lose the time invested in one, or just come back a later time and do other things in the mean time? :p

Répondre